Saturday 14 December 2013

Golden Time - 9

Golden Time 9 Opinions & Thoughts (Contains spoilers)

I've been studying for exams so I haven't really had the time to complete my blogs on Golden Time. All I have to say about this show is that it keeps on getting better especially with comedy and drama! Definitely my favorite of all time. Anyways lets get started with Golden Time 9.


Kouko
I talked about last episode how something must of happened during Banri's conversation with Linda on the balcony. It seems like through the episode something is bothering her. From previous episodes we do know for sure that Kouko is very in secured and eventually this whole episode seems to be foreshadowing something that might be happening between Kouko/Linda/Banri. In the beginning of episode 9 we already see something is up as Oki states "Oh you don't look so well". Kinda already foreshadows something has happened for what Kouko experienced. Although I must say it was nicely portrayed in this episode about Kouko's insecurity and sadness that dwells inside of her, even if we don't understand what it is. It truly seems like self conflict for a young maiden to feel 'anxious' as we would call it especially when it's one's first relationship. I've got to admit though, I feel she's very adorable but it's only because she's experiencing this at such older age (20-ish I presume because of college years). As I watch the show it just amuses me how her coming of age just grows and her feelings or experiences about love just blossoms. Especially the part where she had to confront her feelings her Banri after the practice. Although it wasn't clear, something clearly wasn't right for her but for someone who's expressive rather than secretive (Linda and Banri) I found it quite heartbreaking that Kouko had to express her doubts like that as a first time :(. We'll have to see what will happen between her and Banri in the next episode!

Banri.
This guy never seems to cease amusing me. Ghost Banri? New Banri? This is the stuff that gets people going on dramas. Especially people like me. It also seems that it's a common theme of self conflict especially between Banri's ghost and his current self. But for this part lets talk about it. Honestly, I'm going to say it right now that this Ghost is kind of annoying me. For a fact, true, Linda's a childhood friend and I've always wanted them to be paired together because it always seemed as it was an unrequited love between them and especially unexpressed one. If Linda and Banri could really just talk it out *I wish* things would have gone so much smoother. If we just look at this episodes flashback, they shared so much together, and if he didn't mess up things would have really gone a lot better between them. It really saddens me actually to know for a fact that those things happened between Linda and her family, but to lose all of it because of Banri's accident and the way the present is going.

That strange freak with Linda's brother's Fiancee
Well I got a hint, or well a feeling that theres something more to him than just a glance like in the anime. I believe that this guy has definately something to do with Banri's accident. Especially when he was watching the whole time how Linda was talking to her brother's Fiancee in the car while he watches he probably had a huge I mean HUGE distaste towards Banri and Linda for messing up his affair with that woman. However, this is just a presumption, might not be true but dwell on it, there's always a possibility cause I've known people in life who would really do anything for love - Whether it's an affair or not. A friend once told me "When there's love there is no rules or boundaries you follow" - which always left a distasteful sour feeling in my tongue.

Linda's Brother
I feel for this guy. He's a macho man but coming from Banri's flashback he's probably one of those type of guys that is big outside but soft inside. He definitely seems like he has a lot of will and kindness to teach. In my opinion its because you have to be good with people to actually deal with other people. In this case, children or adolescents from high school  It is quite hard to deal with them because of uniqueness of adolescent behaviors and etc... In the end, it just makes me sad, and depressed that this guy has to live without the knowledge of his fiancee(I MEAN FIANCEE) having cheated on him multiply times. That's pretty bad, I mean if my partner was going to cheat on me I REALLY hope someone would actually tell me because I probably wouldn't even be able to live with this lie (like Linda in this episode whom has to live with it her whole life).

Linda
Things seem to be okay at the moment even after the weird encounter at the balcony. I mean who can forget that? Sleep talking? LOL? I mean in her eyes that would definitely be weird and she probably is worrying about Banri. Anyways, in this episode she seems pretty normal, no drama, but lets remember what Linda's like. She's a secretive person, and a person with secrets is always known to be a trouble maker(well in this case a drama maker). She definitely mentions her brother... but doesn't even explain it to the "new Banri". Seems fishy here, something probably will happen later in the series about Banri finding out etc etc and more drama to come on its way.

Ghost Banri.
This guy is amazing. His will power must be way over the charts of any person. He even tries to take over the Banri now so he can get closer to Linda. Man is this guy persistent with Linda. Of course, I don't really see it as a problem. I mean this guy really does love Linda especially with all the things he shared with her in the past. Feelings, sadness, loneliness, love - all of these things lost from time and from existence. In my opinion, true despair. Really has my sympathy for him but him trying to mess things up with Banri and Kouko... that still really annoys me!

Final thoughts on this episode.
Well It seems things are still riding up the drama coaster *CHOO CHOO*. I'm glad that this is a 2 cour season. 24 episodes of drama YES! But anyways I'm concluding couple things I've expect to see. That freak that has something to do with Banri. Linda's family problems, and Kouko's problems (Probably something to do with Linda) and Banri's annoying ghost playing a big problem later in the series as I presume either he takes over or he just regains his memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment